I'm a firm believer that health and beauty go hand in hand and nourishing your body to the core with nutrient dense foods not only leaves you feeling good but looking good. The key to maintaining your beauty starts from within. I make these Healthy Glow Bites with some of my favorite ingredients to target common skin concerns and aid in your overall health. They make for a perfect mid-day snack or on the go breakfast.
- Spirulina- A blue-green algae that is very high in protein which is extremely important for health and beauty. Protein helps you maintain lean muscle mass for a toned sexy body and helps provide amino acids necessary for maintaining your skins collagen and elastin levels. Spirulina is one of the most potent detoxifing foods found in nature, Aiding in the elimination of heavy metals and toxins, which translate to clear skin, brighter eyes and balanced weight. Spirulina is rich in phytonutrients and carotenoids, important antioxidants that defend your skin and body from free radicals. With high content of vitamin A, vitamin B-12 and vitamin E, spirulina can improve sagging, tired-looking skin, leaving behind a more youthful, radiant complexion.
- Raw Almond Butter- Rich in vitamin E, omega fatty acids, vitamin D and magnesium. Helps prevent damage caused by the suns rays as well as hydrate and soften the skin, improving in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Oats- Introducing high fiber foods like oats help feed inflammation reducing bacterias, reduce spikes in your blood sugar that can contribute to skin problems. Oats strengthen and firm up body tissue and have a high source of silicon, a trace mineral that also helps skin retain elasticity, slowing the signs of aging.
- Raw Organic Honey- Contains a unique blend of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants. Supports healthy immune system and healthy blood sugar levels.
- Goji Berries- Considered both a fruit and a herb are loaded with beta-carotene (a pigments found in plants and fruits) which helps promote healthy skin. Goji berries help you fight disease, experience better digestion as well as boost energy and performance,
- Coconut- Eating coconut hydrates the the skin leaving it youthful and supple. Eating coconut regularly boost oxygen in the skin and promotes blood circulation. This allows proper breathing of the skin leaving you with a healthy and flawless completion.
- Flax Seeds- The Alpha- linitenic acid (ALA) provides essential fats as well as B-vitamins which help reduce dryness and flakiness. Flax can improve symptoms of acne, rosacea and eczema.
- Chia Seeds- Loaded with fatty omega-3 acids and well as anti-inflammatory properties, beneficial in calming inflamed skin and preventing wrinkles.
2 Cups Oats
1 Cup Raw Unsalted Crunchy Almond Butter
1/2 Cup Raw Honey (doesn't need to be raw honey, regular honey tends to have a creamier texture.)
1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 Cup Goji Berries (if you are not a fan of goji berries dried cranberries make for a great substitute. It also helps if you slice them in half first.)
1/4 Cup Flax Seeds
3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Spirulina
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until evenly combined and sticky. Roll and mold into golf ball sized bites with hands. Place on cookie sheet and allow to chill for 30 min. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Hope you enjoy!